I think I couldn't help myself from sharing this video on this blog. It is sure to persuade most of you out there to read the book.
Now, let me share my experience. As I have already written in my last post that I have already become an Agatha Christie fan. A fact is that, just a day after I finished "The secret Adversary" I started this book. I was in the 'Secret Adversary mood' (this refers to the story and atmosphere in a book which persists while reading and even after reading) when I started "The Mysterious Affair at Styles" which resulted in me not able to appreciate the first few pages. However the truth is that, the book was so interesting and transfixing that soon I entered the 'Mysterious Affair at Styles mood'! Sounds silly right? Fine, lets not be whimsical anymore! Since the video has introduced all of you with most of the characters of the book and the plot of the story to some extent, I'll skip that part.
The chapters advance in the most fascinating way I would say. Suppressing your curiosity would be almost impossible. While you ponder over the suspects the narrator is suspicious of, it'll turn out to be the most surprising and unexpected conclusion that detective Poirot will draw. The way the book is written , I would not have believed it to be a made up story if I had read it in a newspaper article or something similar. This time my challenge is- 'Suppress your curiosity and try to finish the book in a time span of 15-20 days, finishing just a little portion (say a chapter) in one read.' Let me be frank- I completed the book in one and a half days.
You will find the e-book version for free here-
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/863
Download the book with images as there are some images which will make the story more lively and realistic.
Go ahead read it and don't forget the challenge.

Advertisement

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top