R.K. Narayan brings the most unique pair of lovers through this book.
To be frank, I did not enjoy this book as much as I enjoyed Guide. I think I did not belong to the right age required for this book. Maturity in thought is needed to appreciate such a book. The story revolves around Raman, a painter of signs and Daisy, a young lady determined to improve the plight of the Indian population through strict family planning. What is striking about the novel is the modern human psychology and state of relationships. Garnished with the hustle and bustle of a life in Malgudi, the story is written in a simple language. My reading experience was not a very good one as I haven't grown the mentality of liking such a plot.
The bittersweet story has a very slow pace and was not very engrossing to me. I plan to read this book once again in the future to make a clearer view about my true experience. What I would like to suggest the viewers of this blog is that go through the book and make your own views and opinions regarding it. Maybe your opinions would contrast mine. However this book is not for children.

Advertisement

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top