I love to read the unabridged versions of classics but I happened to read this abridged version of 'Pygmalion' originally written by George Bernard Shaw.  This book is framed in such a way that it drives young readers to develop an interest for reading classics. It includes huge black and white illustrations in almost every other page. There was a saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover" which was later modified into "Don't judge a book by it's movie". I have seen the movie adapted from this book, a very old Audrey Hepburn movie- 'My Fair Lady'. Whenever I encounter such an incident, inevitably I give more preference to the the book because it interests me more. However, this time the situation was reversed. The movie gave me a wider and better representation of the emotions and thought processes. Coming back to the book, I am surely eager to read the unabridged version to taste the true essence of the writing. I think this book is meant for children as the human psychology shown here is much simpler to the one shown in the movie. The story revolves around a very ill mannered and uncultured flower seller who meets a professor who specializes in voice training only to be destined to become a person whose outward side looks polished but deep within remains the same. Enjoy reading starters!


Advertisement

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top