I'm truely a R.K. Narayan book worm and here I am with another review of one of his most prominent books- The English teacher.  Surprisingly, this is the foremost book of his that brought tears into my eyes. It revolves around a bitter-sweet tale of an English professor and his family and feelings. In Narayan's autobiography I came to know that this bundle of pages actually included the author's own experiences with his daughter after his wife's death. As always the novelist's style of writing is vivid and lively. Though the story and the flow of the tale are thought-provoking some parts of this book could have been shortened. I felt they were prolonged a bit and that it could give birth to boredom in the reader. Well, this is altogether my perspective. The ingredients that enhance the experience while reading are wonderfully balanced and added to this work of art. Weaving humour and irony into this melancholy story is the author's skill that needs acknowledgement.
Build your own perception on this story after going through the colourful paragraphs of this remarkable
piece of work.

Advertisement

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top