At first when I had my first glance at the cover, I felt that it must be a really boring and gloomy sort of book but now when I have finished reading the 276 paged book, I recollect the famous saying- "Don't judge a book by it's cover".
I am the happiest when I am among beautiful and colourful flowers and standing on a carpet of velvety green grass and all around me is nature and nothing else, accompanying the fragrances of wet mud, flowers and leaves which fill your lungs to the fullest and the chirps of different birds which please your ears. This book gave me the same feeling. I adore the story very much but at the same time think that it maybe a little boring and difficult to read for them who are uncomfortable with any English other that pure British or American English cause this book contains a lot of English in the Yorkshire accent. This did not affect me as I was getting to learn something new as well as hugely interested in the altogether awesome story. The novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett also conveys a message to young children that is to nurture positivity in their minds due to it's uncountable benefits, the foremost being- a healthy body.
I sometimes put myself in the place of Mary ( the main character) while I was reading the book, and saw things around with Mary's eyes. It was undescribably wonderful. As I realised myself to chit chat with Colin( who was the most spoiled lad ever), it brought a smile onto my face. Dickon is my favourite character in this book due to the same reason that Colin was eager to meet him, that is, he was an animal charmer and knew almost every thing about his beloved flowers and gardens.
I would encourage you to read this book to explore "The Secret Garden" with your own visualisation and imagination.
                                            

Advertisement

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top